Before you voice how you feel about c-section, you should know how moms who have had c-section really feel.
Here are 5 things you should not say to a c-section mom:
1. “You took the easy way out.”
There’s no easy way out when it comes to birth, and the recovery from a c-section can be brutal.
2. “Are you sure you needed a c-section?”
While it’s true there are too many unnecessary c-sections performed in this country, there’s no use bringing it up after the fact.
3. “Don’t you regret not experiencing birth?”
We did experience birth, just in a different way.
4. “I could never have a c-section, I believe in natural birth.”
Many c-section moms also believe natural birth is best, but no matter how solid one’s birth plan, there are no guarantees.
5. “Maybe you wouldn’t have needed one if you hadn’t had an epidural/used a midwife/stood on your head, etc.”
Some of us have regrets about decisions we made, and for many of us, nothing we did would have changed things.