Today’s Thoughts @twakstar
“We learn who we really are by closely observing our behavior towards the people in our lives. We meet outselves in these others. They are our reflections. They are perhaps, parts we ourselves have not yet learned to love.”
Most magazines will offer a few issues or two at some point during the year (if not on an on-going basis). Subscribe then write “cancel” on first bill. Although you won’t get but the one issue free, it can save money in the long run because if you like variety you may end up with four or five different subscriptions of which you only read one cover to cover.
Many magazines contain similar articles so rotate them and get a different one each month. For example you could rotate Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, and ELLE. Some magazines are worth getting all twelve issues. When searching for free subscriptions online beware that some may require you to refer friends or complete surveys. Read the fine print!
One of the best free sites I’ve found that just requires business information is Mercury Magazines. They offer a few big name titles, but their small publications good as well. Downsides are the sometimes lengthy subscription forms and may take two months or longer to start receiving your subscriptions. On the upside you can also make a few bucks just for subscribing through Inbox Dollars. Sign up and then go here for their offer.
Save a few bucks and a few tree as well by opting for the online or e-readable version. Normally just a fraction of the cost of the print issue!
Here’s an idea…
Gift idea – DIY :
DIY Guide to building a birdhouse. This easy to make bird box can be built in 1 day out of one 6 foot long 1″ by 6″ plank of cedar. Attract more wild birds into your garden (or provide for those already there). www.self-sufficient-life.com
Another thoughtful DIY gift idea:
Add a Fresh Coat of Paint
Try to be open and go with the metallic shades of eye shadows and nail colors. Thinking that these colors are only for special occasions is a common misconception. There’s nothing wrong with adding a little bit of sparkle to everyday outfits.
2. Apply two coats of your nailpolish – try using a bold color for best results (gold, red, metallic blue). Try a shade from essie for gorgeous color impact.
Did you we tend to wear different colors according to our mood? Bright colors when we are happy and content, darker colors when we are gloomy or sad. There are many things in your life that affect or even change your mood. Your child’s laughter, the pile of bills on your counter, chocolate, and even the color of your walls. Yes, you read that right; the color of your walls can affect your mood.
- Spray cooking spay on both sides of shovel as an ice repellant
- Rublightly salted citrus peels to remove tea/coffee stains
- Avoid rock hard brown sugar and preserve the moisture by dropping 3 inch long citrus peel into the bag
- Use newspaper instead of paper towels with glass cleaner
- Use a coffee filter to clean dust off TV and scomputer screens
- Clean cheese grater with pulp side of a lemon – removes stuck on residue
- Place half an onion overnight in cellar to clear dank basement air
- Use dried out citrus peels as kindling for a fragrant fire starter
- Use a bath of salt water to remove dirt from leady vegetables
- Ripen tomatoes in half the time by placing them in a bowl with an apple and covering with plastic wrap
- Use black tea to scour rusty garden tools – brew a few pots and soak tools for a few hour
Summer time (for the northern hemisphere) is just around the corner. Winter is almost arriving to the southern hemisphere. Are you planning a trip? Here are some tips for when you start packing: